What REALLY Sells Your Home?
A sign in your yard and plenty of advertising might get your home some notice, but you’d be surprised at what really gets buyers through your door.
Have you ever been on a set for a movie or TV show, and are surprised at what it takes to ACTUALLY shoot one scene? If you’ve never experienced it before, you find the entire process seems completely different from the final result. Same thing with music recording. Many people don’t realize the steps it takes to make a single recording, and that it’s not just the entire band playing the song together only one time.
Even in normal, every day businesses we tend to THINK we know how things work, when behind the scenes there’s a whole other strategy behind what makes them run smoothly; and STRATEGY is what we’re going to focus on today.
The MYTHS of real estate selling.
There are many out there who think that real estate agents have it easy. All they do is stick a sign in your yard, then sit back and wait for that big commission check to roll in once escrow closes. Well, here are a few more “real estate selling” myths that we’re going to uncover for you, in hopes that you’ll have a better understanding of what we do to drive buyers through your door.
MYTH: Once that sign is stuck in my yard, agents don’t really do anything else to sell my home.
Now, we can’t speak for every real estate agent out there. There are good agents, and there are bad agents. You should always perform your due diligence when hiring a professional Realtor to represent your listing and ask the hard questions. However, we want to tell you what WE do once that sign goes in your yard.
- We network with hundreds of other real estate agents where your home is listed, letting them know about your home. We share information and, in many cases, there’s an agent out there with a buyer looking for a home just like yours.
- We market your home on our websites, AND to the major real estate sites such as zillow.com, trulia.com, redfin,com, and of course, our main Brokerage website at kw.com.
- We hold open houses to greet potential buyers.
- We network to our past database of buyers and sellers, as you never know when someone is looking to move up, or invest in another property.
- We market your property through print media.
- We make use of Listing Alert email blasts, letting several hundred potential buyers know about your listing.
MYTH: Once I accept a buyer’s offer, my real estate agent has done his job.
Not true! Procuring a buyer for your home is only part of our job. The rest is making sure that your escrow goes as smoothly as possible. This means working with you to insure all of your paperwork, agreements, and contingencies are handled in a professional and timely manner, and to work proactively to stave off any potential issues that may affect the sale of your home, or your close of escrow date.
Ask US the hard real estate questions!
The Elgin and Pilar Walker Team has over 25 years experience in the real estate industry. Whether you’re buying, selling, investing, we can help you realize all of your real estate goals. Contact us today for a no obligation consultation.
Elgin & Pilar Walker
Keller Williams VIP Properties
25124 Springfield Court Suite 100
Valencia CA 91355
Office: (661) 290-3781
Mobile: (661) 347-6248